Monday, March 11, 2013

The Victoria Sewing Show. I wait for this show every year and although it seemed smaller this year, I managed to leave lots of money behind. I took my camera but it was crowded I didn't take many. Here's a few- a photo of this great screen:

 as well as these photos:


Wish my camera showed the detail of the work involved. All I could say was "oh, my" over and over again. Looking at these photos I may have had the wrong setting on my camera. Sorry for that.
This is the photo of a kit I bought - once made it will be my first 'Window Pane' wall hanging.
and a pattern for this:
and another pattern for two like this: Halloween and a Snowman one by same artist.
Below is a pile of my stuff. Missing is 'String Fling' by Bonnie Hunter which is my bedtime reading material right now. There is something very appealing about her books - as well as daunting about tackling one of her patterns with all those little pieces! But I am going to and soon. So intriquing. Love the animal fat quarter bundle by Robert Kaufman. Plan on making baby and toddler items this year - always so many around and they are not critical.

It's all so yummy! The fabric on the right in the first photo is some lovely slinky from Gala Fabrics for a long top for me - planning to use a pattern from Material Girls. Well, I'm hoping to do some sewing today - am working on a few things - still organizing my space which might be done by Christmas the rate I'm going; am almost finished the top for my first 'scrappy around the world' (also my first 'around the world'), have started a scrappy bargello for a little boy and have many more I wish to make. lol. Talk to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment